For the sixth radlibchat at 20.00 (GMT) on Tuesday 9th February to tie in with the libraries lobby, we will be discussing Unions in Public and Academic Libraries by Kathleen de la Peña McCook (OA article available here).
The discussion will be hosted by @RadicalLibs on Twitter using the #radlibchat hashtag.
- To what extent should associations focus on the rights of workers?
- Are trade unions more of less effective in defending library workers than associations?
- Can unions still be an effective mechanism to defend worker rights in a neoliberal, globalised environment?
- Are there overarching themes for advocacy or is it still very localized, as noted in the article?
- How may we effectively advocate for our professional selves?